Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference and Dinner 2011

AlanCurragh

I have taken the liberty of contacting the Tally Ho regarding the two dates I suggested in the "lessons" thread for next year - 26th March and 2nd April 2011

The first date is already booked, but we have been pencilled in for Saturday 2nd April

Nothing booked or confirmed yet, but unless there is a problem, I would have thought this could well be the date....

Alan

Edit - now confirmed for 2nd April 2011 at the Tally Ho

Edited by MagicRat

pencilled in for me too

cheers Martin B

Two here please....in red ink, so you can't rub it out!

Wild horses wouldn't keep us away!

(Glad he put "us"!...Ayesha)

Bruce

Can we split the threads for this event? The main thread for the last one became massive. Possibly we want a pinned restricted thread (in effect an announcement) with dates times venues and agenda which we can use as a reference source and others for people to sign up etc.?

The alternative is that specific details get lost on page X of a thread full of "me too"s and discussion of accommodation etc.

?

David

Me too - do I get a discount if Villa are at home again!

As my grandfather, who survived the Somme, may have said when he found himself at 3rd Ypres 'here we go again'. I trust I shall make it.

We are a definite too (and you can write it in red and underline it as well :lol: )

Looking forward to it already.

Can we split the threads for this event? The main thread for the last one became massive. Possibly we want a pinned restricted thread (in effect an announcement) with dates times venues and agenda which we can use as a reference source and others for people to sign up etc.?

The alternative is that specific details get lost on page X of a thread full of "me too"s and discussion of accommodation etc.

?

David

David - there was a pinned closed thread for this year's conference - the problem is that after its initial appearance, it doesn't ever appear as a new post, so updates are likely to be missed. Quite a few people didn't seem to know it was there, although I mentioned it frequently. But you do make a very good point, the main thread did get quite massive. I'll think about putting the information across in a more efficient way this time.

Alan

When does Easter fall in 2011?

It's late next year, John, Good Friday is 22nd April. So hopefully 2nd April will avoid the school holidays

Put me down for one, Alan, with a possible second if The Boss decides she fancies hearing the talks..

Keith

I'll be there, DV.

Roger

I'll be there.

Keith

Would love to attend but ...

Brian put the agenda on the calendar for this years event. It's accessible to all and won't go anywhere

That's because I am the more intelligent brother (& according to Peter Hart, the younger & better looking one!)

:D :D :D

That's because I am the more intelligent brother (& according to Peter Hart, the younger & better looking one!)

Just one word for you - Gormless! :lol:

Two please Alan

Just one word for you - Gormless! :lol:

So are you full of gorm?

Bruce