Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

National Archives

Graham Stewart

Can some our regular NA MIC searchers please tell me why it is no longer possible to go the the NA MIC search site and pull up all of the cards for a single regiment?? For the last two days I've been trying to get at the cards belonging to the Northumberland Fusiliers in a particular number group, but for some strange reason it seems that you can no longer carry out this particular way of searching. Anybody any idea as to why this is happening???

Works OK for me Graham. I put just "South Staffordshire" into the search form and it came back with "39486 documents found". Also works if I then add a number search, such as "100*" which came back with 249 records.

Graham,

Have you been experiencing the problem outside of normal business hours when TNA hamsters are taking a break?

See this thread -

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/i...=143670&hl=

:D

John

Cheers John - that may be the problem as I'm three hours ahead of UK time. Tried this morning around 6am UK time and it seemed to pull up every MIC in the collection. Also did the same late last night, again though it would have been outside of normal working hours. Thought I was going around the twist and wondered if they'd introduced a new search technique. At the same time still find it bloody inconvenient if their computers are keeping "office hours" as well.

At the same time still find it bloody inconvenient if their computers are keeping "office hours" as well.

Next they'll be wanting to take tea breaks!