Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Can anyone recommend any medal dealers?

Duncan

I've stopped using Ebay and would like to go back to using trusted online or catalogue dealers. I already use Speedbid and Southern Medals, but could anyone recommend any others?

regards,

Duncan. :rolleyes:

Would need to know where you are in the world re exchange rate etc before i would recommend. But if you are not in the UK ...Most well quite a few UK dealers are a bargain at the moment, the wheel has turned at least in Australian exchange terms from 38 pence to 61 ish to the dollar.on the other hand if you want to sell here your doomed

MC

I've stopped using Ebay and would like to go back to using trusted online or catalogue dealers. I already use Speedbid and Southern Medals, but could anyone recommend any others?

regards,

Duncan. :rolleyes:

I've always found Dixon's Medals to be good, but there are plenty of other good dealers, such as Jonathan Collins, Jim Bullock, Dave Hilton, Gary Neate, Peter Morris, Phillip Burman to name but a few!

SteveJ.

If you're in the UK (not that it's a limitation in these web based days) I endorse Dixon's; possibly the best single dealer. Chelsea Military Antiques (but very high prices to match) also.

Thanks for that. I'm in the UK, but I quite like getting stuff from other countries too. Quite a few old names there I recognises from years ago - I thought Jonathan Collins had stopped trading. Thanks for that everyone.

Duncan.

I've always found Dixon's Medals to be good, but there are plenty of other good dealers, such as Jonathan Collins, Jim Bullock, Dave Hilton, Gary Neate, Peter Morris, Phillip Burman to name but a few!

SteveJ.

Yes totally agree with as another said Liverpool not exactly cheap but as also stated has just about everything including foreign as well

MC

• 1 month later...

Duncan there are of course a number of medal fairs held throughout the year where some of the dealers mentioned show their stock with a number of smaller dealers, stock rather than height... :rolleyes: , offer medals....John

I'm afraid Medal Centre's prices always make my eyes come out on stalks. Considerably above the average, even if the stock is good.

• 2 months later...

As already mentioned you can't go wrong with Dixon's

Philip Burman is good and one not mentioned is Andrew Bostock he always has very interesting stuff...but he is rather expensive.

I also buy from Q and C Militaria had excellent service very friendly and very fast delivery from them

On 23/03/2010 at 23:32, Duncan said:

regards,

Duncan.

Bill Friar ,reliable and efficient cant fault him

m