Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Photos from 1st Great War Forum Conference - 2010

Pighills

Kim, have you been editing my photos? this is the real me

s17nky.jpg

Had a fantastic time. Great to put faces to the names. What a great day, really enjoyed it, and thanks to all the speakers, they were fantastic.

Thanks too, to the photographer, I think/

Cheers Mike

Kim for the position of GWF official photographer!!!

Sue

I'll second that!

Martin

Yes, it was a fantastic day, and the photos do bring it back.

It really was wonderful to put all the names to faces and now I can 'picture' you all (and even more importantly, understand the intonations) when you write on the threads.

Skippy, you're getting to know me too well now :lol::lol: Glad you made it home safely, a terrific journey you had from all the way up there!

Diane, the play was excellent in lots of places, a bit flat in others, only to be expected over the course of 1 and a half hours, but overall very good. The great news is the BBC are taking it up and it should be showing in January 2011, I'll record it for you!

Smashing photos Kim - didn't know I was married to a Norma, I thought her name was Lynne.

There you are, you learned a lot more than you thought!!

Good value!!

Well, I was just trying to get you in trouble!!

Sorry, trying to fit too many names in to too many places when backtracking with the old editing, I'll go and change it (again!!) :blush:

Cheering on the boys in blue in post #26 is Roy Evans (left), me (centre) and someone else (right).

And, in the second photo on post #42, you have the back of Martin Bennit's head, then on the left, Jim Smithson, Chris Harley, me and Mark (mhifle)

Thanks John (sorry we didn't get a chance to chat) I shall go and change them shortly.

Yes, people had their badges, but they were on their outer coats, which were draped on the back of their chairs. There were also badges on sale on the day which I noticed being bought.

From behind I recognise those guys sorry undertakers never forget.

Dan

post-2583-1269211328.jpg

P1000826.jpg

Many thanks to John Hartley for identifying everyone here as follows:

The back of Martin Bennitt's head. Then, from left to right: Jim Smithson, Chris Harley, John Hartley and Mark (mhifle)

and Me

That's a lovely photo of Gunboat at #6 Kim.

It makes me smile every time a see it. Can I have a posted copy to lift my spirits?

You certainly can Kate, it is a nice one isn't it!

Send me your email and I'll zoom it across.

PS: please excuse all the kisses to your husband on another thread, he's a little darling isn't he???

See 'HERE'

I haven't spotted too many GWF badges. Were they in abundance/on sale?

I was wearing my Version 1 GWF polo shirt. A most rare commodity.

In #41, the back of my head; then to my right Chris Harley, Jim Smithson, Neil Mackenzie and Martin Bennitt. And with apologies to them, I didnt catch the names of the couple sat to Martin's right.

PS: please excuse all the kisses to your husband on another thread, he's a little darling isn't he???

See 'HERE'

That's why I left him at home.

Very good of the Scottish lads to wear such big badges all day. No wonder they needed to sit down.

In post #40, Ian Whitlock is in the light blue shirt.

From behind I recognise those guys sorry undertakers never forget.

Dan

The one you haven't labelled is Tom Gordon.

Yes, it was a fantastic day, and the photos do bring it back.

It really was wonderful to put all the names to faces and now I can 'picture' you all (and even more importantly, understand the intonations) when you write on the threads.

Skippy, you're getting to know me too well now :lol::lol: Glad you made it home safely, a terrific journey you had from all the way up there!

Diane, the play was excellent in lots of places, a bit flat in others, only to be expected over the course of 1 and a half hours, but overall very good. The great news is the BBC are taking it up and it should be showing in January 2011, I'll record it for you!

Great Stuff Kim ,just as well you got in a photo ,its great to put a faces to the names we should a a topic of What we look like ,would probably end up being a

Classic thread

Thanks MC

Looks like the sort of discussion and fun the Aussies had last year in Canberra. Thank you for the photos Kim, hope to meet some of you sometime :D (Great memories David!)

Cheers

Shirley