Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Photos from 1st Great War Forum Conference - 2010

Pighills

As there are a few threads now running with regards to our first ever conference I thought I would start a separate thread for the photos so they don't get lost amongst everything else (people then don't have to trawl through other things if they only want to look at the photos).

I will label them as best I can, but some names I don't know and others (please forgive me, I'm soooo embarassed) I've forgotten - but please pitch in and label tell us who's who and I will then go back and put the names in the relevant photos.

Although I took a lot of photos I fear I still may have missed some people out, my apologies if I have done so, it was entirely unintentional and thanks to all those who patiently allowed me to stick my camera in faces and interrupt conversations whilst I clicked away.

I do hope this gives those of you who were unable to attend a flavour of the day and brings back good memories for those who were able to make it.

First up, Sue (Orson - Mrs Rat) on the left and Kate Wills, sitting, talking to Sue Tall (amended - thanks) registering people as they arrived.

P1000735.jpg

Next we have Alan (Magic Rat) and Sue (Orson) doing their admin bits and registration

P1000736.jpg

Photo 3 is a general overview of people as they are arriving and settling down for the start of the conference:

P1000738.jpg

Ditto for photo number 4:

P1000740.jpg

General view again for photo 5:

P1000742.jpg

Photo 6 is Bryn Hammond in full flow as he starts the day off for us with his speech:

P1000744.jpg

Coffee break and time for introductions/catching up with old friends.

Bruce (on the right) talking to Martin Brown (back to us) and I believe that's Bruce's wife on the left. You can also see Kevin Endon in green in the background.

P1000746.jpg

More coffee time photos. Rock Doc in the red jumper sitting talking to Centurion and Doug Lewis, Nathan (Kevin Endon's son) and John (txic) (thanks).

P1000748.jpg

Despite all his anti-figgist remarks, our Gunny is a nice bloke really!!

P1000754.jpg

On the left in red is Keith Roberts, Bruce Hubbard next to him and Ayesha, followed by Roger H on the right.

P1000756.jpg

More photos of everyone as they sit chatting whilst eating the excellent buffet lunch.

P1000758.jpg

P1000759.jpg

More lunchtime photos with Squirrel on the left next to his wife Lynne, with Kate Wills on the far right. Let us know who you are in the middle please - now identified as Martin Bennitt and MHifle (thanks).

P1000760.jpg

Time for a natter amongst the book stalls. Gentleman with glass is Burlington.

P1000761.jpg

More lunchtime photos with Squirrel on the left next to his wife and Kate Wills on the far right. Let us know who you are in the middle please.

I'm the man in the middle!

and that's Centurion talking to Rockdoc

cheers Martin B

In the last photo, Burlington is the Pal with glass in hand, peering round the pillar.

In the previous, on Kate's right is mhifle (Mark) and to his right Martin Bennitt

I'm chatting to the one and only Centurion at coffee-break, Kim.

Keith

I'm the man behind Burlington in the last photo. Kim caught my good side! :D

Steve.

Question:

Who can spot the Salonika Campaign Society badge?

Why do I look as if I'm catching flies in the first photo?

And Kim, Sue Tall, author of Kenilworth Man in WW1, is signing in.

Coffee break and time for introductions/catching up with old friends.

More coffee time photos. Rock Doc in the red jumper sitting talking to ????

P1000748.jpg

Me

What amazed me was the geographical spread of the attendees. I thought I was making a big effort getting out of bed early for an hour on the train and a bus ride from New Street. Mark had come from Norway, and Martin Bennitt from Paris.

And Jim Smithson from Germany.

Keith

Yes, and I sadly didn't get to speak to any of them :(

Anyhow, now for some more photos :)

Sorry, don't know the gentleman sitting reading, please step up and be identified. Martin Brown in the background and others.

P1000762.jpg

Alan introducing Peter Hart, the first of the afternoon speakers:

P1000763.jpg

Charles Messenger, our 2nd speaker of the afternoon:

P1000766.jpg

Squirrel and his lovely wife Norma:

P1000778.jpg

Kim

In the photo where Rock Doc is talking to Centurion I'm talking to Nathan, Kevin Endon's son and John(txic)

Regards Doug

Thanks Kim - more apt title, the unlovely Squirrel and his lovely wife.

Keith Roberts and Roger H and Steve Mattock (thanks). In the background in the blue jumper is Mike (Gheluvelt - thanks):

P1000780.jpg

RockDoc and Peter Hart - what was so funny Kate????

P1000783.jpg