Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

War Diares at the NA

27thBN

I was looking the other day for a unit history and i could only find a total of 173 on the NA website

is this all that's there or am i doing something wrong.and second do we have on the forum anywhere a listing of the ones that are there as this would save quite a bit of time

Thanks MC

Now they've combined them under Brigade headings, each download includes several separate battalion/units, and often up to six hundred pages of diary. So the 178 adds up to many times that number of individual battalions.

Sue

the 178 adds up to many times that number of individual battalions.

Sue

That's how I should've explained it ^_^

The search/catalogue facility on NA is a disgrace, in my opinion. You can search for war diaries and not find them..... OK, I'm dim, but the thing should cater for thickies. I usually manage to look words up in the dictionary without bother.

Edwin

The search/catalogue facility on NA is a disgrace, in my opinion. You can search for war diaries and not find them

Edwin, try simply adding " " inverted commas at either side of the Regimental name...i.e. "royal fusiliers"...you don't need to add dates or any other info..

Andy

Thats all and especially mike .I also find it hard to drive around the NA hence the question

Thanks MC