The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Time flyers tonight

john w.

BBC2 gone Im afraid.. series called Time Flyers investigated strange scars on the Dales... Practice for the Somme ...

Anyone catch it? I taped it for later

John

I started to watch the repeat but found that the presenters got on my nerves even more than the first time, including the 'military expert' who didn't seem to be very well informed at all.

Guest Hill 60
....but found that the presenters got on my nerves even more than the first time....

You mean I'm not the only one who can't stand this buffoon? :lol:

Dr. Mark Horton M.A., Ph.D. [Cantab], F.S.A.

Reader in Archaeology, University of Bristol

He seems to prove the saying - 'All that glitters isn't gold' :(

Sue

Am I right in recalling that Cantab B.A's are upgraded to M.A if you survive for a few years after graduation and then send them £50 ! The Ph.d probably requires staying out of jail and taking all your former Professors out for an expensive lunch. :D

(This posting is in no way linked to my failure to get a place at Clare College Cambridge in 1972 after doing the damned entrance exam ! ) :angry:

Guest Hill 60
These comments most unfair to the average buffoon !

As a State Registered Buffoon (1st Class, with Honours) I feel that I am qualified enough to say that that man is a Buffoon, albeit a lower class of Buffoon.

Dr. Mark Horton M.A., Ph.D. [Cantab], F.S.A.

Reader in Archaeology, University of Bristol

He seems to prove the saying - 'All that glitters isn't gold' :(

Sue

He should stick to Archaeology - a Richard Holmes he ain't!!

Aye

Malcolm

As the proud owner of a Cambridge MA I have to point out that you only pay for them if you don't attend the MA ceremony in person but still want the letters after your name. Mind you if you go in person you have to hire all the wing collar malarkey from Ede and Ravenscroft which costs a packet. At the 'Other Place' I believe you do have to pay whether you turn up or not.

M. J. Hone MA (Cantab) 1986

Ok Ok so I got an OU degree.. am qualified to be the buffoon here... boy is he annoying... but still liked the aerial shots !!

John