Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

GWF Conference

David B

Hi All,

May I extend my good wishes and great weekend to every one that are lucky enough to be going to the GWF conference in

Brum at the weekend. Wish I could be there.

David

Thanks David, I'm really looking forward to it.

I shall take my camera and post pictures for those of you unable to be with us.

Good morning All,

Can I echo David's comments; I'm sure it'll be a great day and a credit to the organisers.

Looking forward to the photos Kim.

Yes do have a good time one and all ..next time change of location about 12000 miles away down under somewhere thanks

MC

Glad to see that Kim is bringing her camera.

It will come in handy for the ritual "Burning of the Fig Rolls" Ceremony in the car park at lunch time.

Bruce

Bruce,

It might turn into a fad, like toasting marshmallows !

I'll bring the fig rolls, but for eating. if it were not for the false teeth factor, I might even try the ones from the chocolate fountain.

Keith

Have a great weekend....and don't anyone be naughty, cos I wanna come next year :huh:

Grant

(feeling a bit like Cinderella)

*green with envy*

Hope the weather is kind, the company scintillating and the journey/food/accommodation exceptional. Kim, can't wait to put faces to names - please catch em all :thumbsup:

Hope the Conference is a brilliant success. Good luck to all. Maybe next year........

John

Off to catch my plane now - bit of work tomorrow, Kew Friday but hopefully see folk Friday night or Saturday depending.

Jim

I wish you all well. (Envy, envy). Post ALL salacious photos here Kim!

The Conference was a stunning success and Alan & Sue deserve every possible plaudit for their efforts in bringing it to fruition. All the speakers were superb and made their very different topics both entertaining and informative. Thanks to you all for your efforts.

When you add in the excellent company and good and plentiful food and drink it's hard to see what could have been bettered. I could not have enjoyed myself more.

Keith

Kate arrived home and said she really enjoyed herself, but confessed to one minor disappointment. Apparently the attendance list included "Michelle Young plus one" and she confessed to expecting some hot gossip and/or a minor scandal. She admitted to being a little disappointed when the "one" turned out to be Wayne Young, Michelle's husband before adding that at least the forum pals are a fairly staid lot, albeit good company on the day.

Me? I got a few real bargains at a local book fair!

An excellent event indeed. Really good venue, super food, enthusiastic and knowledgable speakers and friendly attendees. Mrs Squirrel really enjoyed it too.

Well done to Mr & Mrs Rat or organising it. Brilliant job.

• Admin
Kate arrived home and said she really enjoyed herself, but confessed to one minor disappointment. Apparently the attendance list included "Michelle Young plus one" and she confessed to expecting some hot gossip and/or a minor scandal. She admitted to being a little disappointed when the "one" turned out to be Wayne Young, Michelle's husband before adding that at least the forum pals are a fairly staid lot, albeit good company on the day.

Me? I got a few real bargains at a local book fair!

Sorry to disappoint you Kate and Martin! You know Wayne and I are a couple of old bookends!

Michelle

Good Morning

It was good to meet you all, to be part of interesting discussions and to generally have a very enjoyable day.

If you were there then you know how well organised the event was and how smoothly it ran, all of which was down to the hard work put in by Alan and his team!

Well done and thanks again for the opportunity to present our work on the Plugstreet Project.

All good wishes

Martin

Martin,

Thanks for the excellent presentation.

I hope I will be "over there" in July, in which case I hope to be able to see the area of the dig.

Regards Ian