Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

XIX CORPS HEAVY ARTILLERY

reevemjr

I would appreciate any help in identifying the Staff Captain who signed this pass for Amiens and if at all possible where the Corps were located.

1981 April 3 - Lieut. R Shrive given permission to visit AMIENS#_msocom_1 daily on duty. – Pass details#_msocom_2:- XIX CORPS HEAVY ARTILLERY – Lieut. R. SHRIVE has permission to visit AMIENS daily on duty. In the Field 3/4/18 signed C W ?Eulle? Captain, R.A Staff Captain, XIX Corps H.A.

Note: This pass was issued while the 91st Siege Battery was at Picquigny on the same day the battery arrived in Picquigny. It presumably remained in force for the duration of the battery's stay there. The battery left for Huppy on 12 April 12.

The battery had been in the "21st March Fiasco" (my grandfather's description) and had been withdrawn to Picquigny to recover.

1918 April 12 PECQUINY to HUPPY - On April 12th we moved to Huppy. [Christian’s 91st Siege Battery diary, pub 1920]

Mike

post-46986-1268403884.jpg

I would appreciate any help in identifying the Staff Captain who signed this pass for Amiens and if at all possible where the Corps were located.

1981 April 3 - Lieut. R Shrive given permission to visit AMIENS daily on duty. – Pass details:- XIX CORPS HEAVY ARTILLERY – Lieut. R. SHRIVE has permission to visit AMIENS daily on duty. In the Field 3/4/18 signed C W ?Eulle? Captain, R.A Staff Captain, XIX Corps H.A.

Note: This pass was issued while the 91st Siege Battery was at Picquigny on the same day the battery arrived in Picquigny. It presumably remained in force for the duration of the battery's stay there. The battery left for Huppy on 12 April 12.

The battery had been in the "21st March Fiasco" (my grandfather's description) and had been withdrawn to Picquigny to recover.

1918 April 12 PECQUINY to HUPPY - On April 12th we moved to Huppy. [Christian's 91st Siege Battery diary, pub 1920]

Mike

post-46986-1268406506.jpg