Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Fantastic Hospital Picture...

Peter Doyle

BlessesFamilles.jpg

Just came across this, taken at the same time. (Spot the Aussie.)

http://www.le-treport-cartes-postales-anciennes-et-photos.com/40-categorie-10485693.html

Collection Alain et Annick Letenneur

http://www.letenneur.com/

I would have no doubt in saying that this and the first posted picture by Peter have been taken at the same location. You'll also note that the wire is not barbed wire, but plain twisted wire, and in the second photo in the middle ground, where the fence continues, you can see a couple of chaps actually leaning against it.

Dave Upton

I blogged three postcards here, on my blog. The middle one depicts a funeral and thanks to insights from Dave 51951 (who pointed out that the women are nurses) and Sue Light, it was possible to say almost certainly that this was the funeral of nurse Margaret Arnold in March 1916. Sue's transcript of the War Diary starting 12.03.16 records this in detail. www.scarletfinders.co.uk

The first card shows the terrasse and its famous peacock before the War, the third the cemetery by the 1930s.

As I said earlier in the thread, I have quite a few postcards of this part of Normandy, including the Trianon and one of the hospital posted by a military patient.

My contribution...

Postcard sent to my g-grandparents by my Great-Uncle who was at the No. 2 Canadian hospital for much of the war.

I am 99% certain he is standing next to the nurse on the left-hand side....

post-8971-0-63221100-1327791158.jpg