Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

K 13/Submarines Memorial

Dolphin

Below is a photograph of a memorial to K 13, and all other British and Empire/Commonwealth submarines lost since 1914. It's in the suburb of Carlingford, to the north-west of Sydney, and is part of the City of Parramatta.

A survivor from K 13, Charles Albert Harry Freestone, moved to Australia after the War and settled in Parramatta, where he prospered. In 1961 he donated the land where the memorial stands. The metal plaques on the upright stone list all British (in the widest sense) submarines lost.

The view from the park is eastwards towards Sydney and, but for the trees, would include the Olympic complex at Homebush.

post-19-1084785181.jpg

• 6 years later...

I could not seem able to see this image, as I am not very experienced in finding some posted images, so it is probably my fault, but I did find several photos elsewhere that have been posted about this Australian submarine memorial at the website 'register of war memorials in NSW".

If you input "Carlingford" as the town, or place of the memorial, about 8 or so different photos of this memorial can be viewed online.

I did not realize that there is a submarine memorial at Carlingford.

Thanks for the information. Regards, Sandra

I could not seem able to see this image, as I am not very experienced in finding some posted images, so it is probably my fault, but I did find several photos elsewhere that have been posted about this Australian submarine memorial at the website 'register of war memorials in NSW".

If you input "Carlingford" as the town, or place of the memorial, about 8 or so different photos of this memorial can be viewed online.

I did not realize that there is a submarine memorial at Carlingford.

Thanks for the information. Regards, Sandra

Hi Sandraxxx

The reason you were unable to view the image is that it is an old post (17 May 2004)

the attached image has been removed Hope this Helps

Ray