Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Other Side of the Wire Volume 1 With the German XIV Reserve Corps

Simon Jones

Is Volume 2 even listed on Amazon USA yet? Don't want to miss out on getting it.

It is on Amazon in the U.S. I am note sure what is happening on the dates. I wrote to my editor this evening in the hopes of findoing out what is going on. I will pass along whatever I get back.

Ralph

I have been advised that the editing/printing process is currently active. I should have the proofs in the latter half of July and then it will only be a short time before the finished product is being sent out.

Ralph

The book is being edited now for publication. It will probably be August before it gets out I am afraid, one issue was the size, some 1,200 pages when the casualty details are included. A bit unwieldy for bedside reading or carying to work for a quick read. Good thing I did not cover more than the first day with the exception of two small portions when the fighting went through to the 2nd and early 3rd July. If anything else comes up I will pass it along.

Ralph

Hi Ralph:

Thanks for the update. A labor of love for which we all can wait. Sounds like I'll have to strengthen my backpack straps before taking it on the commuter train.

Chris

Good news/bad news? I was advised today that volume 1 is sold out, just what stock book sellers still have on hand and then no more.

Ralph

• 4 weeks later...