Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The White Cross Touring Atlas

Tom Tulloch-Marshall

On 27/03/2020 at 13:45, Dai Bach y Sowldiwr said:

I'll take 126-129 now.

Did you already do these ones? They are not in the folder?

1 hour ago, laughton said:

Did you already do these ones? They are not in the folder?

Yes they're done.

Are they not in there?

I'll check now.

Edited by Dai Bach y Sowldiwr

Got them now! You are fast. :thumbsup:

Page 121 is still missing Richard.

121.jpg and 121.txt all contain page 131

I'll try and grab 135, 6, 7 & 8 later

Edited by Dai Bach y Sowldiwr

A number of pages were missing from the UPLOAD SITE so I have replaced them. I also added the folder with the CROPPED PAGES.

They should all be there now. I will go add you newest works to the spreadsheet.

137 and 138 are already done - just noticed that was on your list above.

Edited by laughton
137 & 138 are done

This has been moved to page 2 as I try to keep pace with the very speedy "Dai Bach y Sowldiwr"!

The MASTER has been changed slightly so the EXCEL TAB for the PAGE version is now sorted by "PAGE + MAP SQUARE".

I had lost page 121, that is why it is not complete. That has now been replaced.

We are very near the finish line!

The pages will be marked ":thumbsup:" once they have been added to the master table:

111:thumbsup: 112:thumbsup: 113:thumbsup: 114:thumbsup: 115:thumbsup: 116:thumbsup: 117:thumbsup: 118:thumbsup: 119:thumbsup:
120:thumbsup: 121:thumbsup: 122:thumbsup: 123:thumbsup: 124:thumbsup: 125:thumbsup: 126:thumbsup: 127:thumbsup: 128 129
130:thumbsup: 131:thumbsup: 132:thumbsup: 133:thumbsup: 134:thumbsup: 135:thumbsup: 136:thumbsup: 137:thumbsup: 138:thumbsup: 139:thumbsup:
140:thumbsup: 141:thumbsup: 142:thumbsup: 143:thumbsup: 144:thumbsup: 145:thumbsup:        

I have removed the version that was posted here as it is now too slow to load due to its size.

The MASTER TABLES in the EXCEL FORMAT that have TABS that sort by Original, Alphabetic, Numeric and Page + Map Square can be found here:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/c2rvl6ru2y7ea/Master_EXCEL_Spreadsheet

ALL DONE!

I am sure we will find some errors, but those will be fixed. If you see any, let me known (@laughton). In the meantime, you can test out the project with the live version on the Internet Archive here: 

m7lawrxebstjzy06g.jpg

Edited by laughton
finished - until we find errors!

• 2 months later...

It seems that a publisher, I don't know who, is planning to produce a reprint.  A search on an ISBN index using 9781783315758  brings up the suggestion with very little detail, and an eBay seller apparently wishes to sell 2 NEW copies.

Keith

Interesting Keith!

https://www.directtextbook.com/isbn/9781783315758

The new one appears to come from Naval & Military Press and is dated 27 May 2020, after we released the digitized version. I am not sure the others are all separate books or even if they exist. That is not the original cover and they appear to be the same company with two different addresses, one in the UK and one in the USA.

I paid £55 plus postage for mine, so that is a good price if they are real.

Key to anyone having this book, or purchasing one of those listed, ONLY the digitized version we have here has the sortable index. That turns an interesting book into a very useful book.

Yes its not at all clear. sellers claim to have copies on the UK version of eBay, but can't provide details, and there is as yet nothing on the N&M website.

keith

N&M have just sent out an email to previous customers announcing their reprint. They have increased the size, which will make their version easier to use than the original, and have an earlybird offer. I occasionally sell a few books, and am relieved that I sold my last copy of the original a few months ago, as in future the original will only be really  tempting for purchasers in a seriously collectable condition and most originals that I have come upon have been well used.

My main interest has been diverted to the Salonika campaign, but for any future Western Front research I'll be more than happy to use the scanned version.

Keith

Edited by keithmroberts

Just ordered a copy for £12-99.

Tony

15 hours ago, squirrel said:

Me too.

Hope you are well Tony, the Atlas will give you more places to speed around to on your next trip!

Tony

Whether you use the digitized version or buy a copy, you will want to download the digitized index to make the book useful for finding the cemeteries quickly. They are stored with the digitized version on Archive.org here:

https://archive.org/details/thewhitecrosstouringatlasofthewesternbattlefields/page/n1/mode/2up

On the page that shows the images of the scanned document, you can see the index files listed at the bottom:

Archive_org.June11.jpg.df3d67da8499c4ddc7e1e205822ae2f6.jpg

If you use the page with the text, then the best one is the EXCEL MASTER as it has all the versions as separate tabs on one spreadsheet:

Archive_org.June11.2.jpg.719c2332f3fc4013bddbb3b95f1d6181.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Corrections assembled here:

• Stump Road Cemetery, Grandcourt    50    E 17    1548    141 - was named as "Urandcourt"
  • others

this answers the question… I was going to look up this book on the forum as I got the email from N&MP about the reprint and was hesitating buying it.

But now will give it a go,

PS: the excel file is marvelous!!

M.

Edited by Marilyne