Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

SDGW last hope

Guest Desmond6

Des

Sorry, mate. Gone through the A-Z (and the little grey cells) with a fine tooth comb. Nothing comes together.

Seems like the address might be Hayes Road, then? But there's nothing like the "Holland" as a district of Manchester.

Andy may have put his finger on it, though. It was certainly common (at least in Stockport) for the address to be, say, 3 Little Street, Bigger Street, Evenbiggerarea, Stockport. Which is going to be damn all help to you I'm afraid. Come back to me when you've done the "breaking and entering".

John

So it's on with the Ninja outfit ....

We have STRANGEWAYS of getting our information ...... :D

one (slight) problem is the old terraced housing on the outskirts of the city was flattened in the 60/70s, so the old road may not exist anymore

that would include the HULME area, i'm struggling to think of another

We have STRANGEWAYS of getting our information ...... :D

Desmond, old chum........

Due to chaps from o'er the water making fun of our tourist attractions and government sponsored accommodation complex, this is now just called HMP Manchester. Doesnt have quite the same cachet.

John

it will always be the strangeways hotel :D

i have thought of another possibility 'HARPURHEY' to the non mancs thats pronounced ah-per-hay !

Harribobs, John, Max, Dave and all the others ... valiant efforts.

Thanks for trying - Des

Just going through Irelands memorial records I came up with these.all William Prices,Pte, 1277,KIA 15/10/17 RAMC born Belfast.....RFN 4792,RIR,KIA 8/7/17, Born Seapatrick Co Down......66133 Acting Bombardier,RFA KIA 14/4/17. born Belfast.

I hope these help.

Regards.

Tom Burnell

Cheers for that Tom - but I'm convinced 'my' gunner is living in Manchester area at time of enrolment.

Thanks for hunting ..

Des

I only gave you the ones with the Ulster connections here are the others.

7203, Pte (LCPL) RIR DOW 16/5/15, Born Salford in manchester, ....18962, LCPL, RIF, KIA 11/4/17, born Newport in Monmouthshire, William Charles.

Tom.608375, CPL, 18th(london Irish rifles) DOW 14/5/16 Born lambeth,