Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ireland regiments map

archangel9

Hope someone can help. I remember seeing a map of Ireland showing the geographic locations of the various regiments, Connaught Rangers, Royal Irish Rifles, Fusiliers, etc. I either saved the picture or the link (I think!!) but can't find it now of course! Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

John

Andrew,

I thought it was on TNA or IWM website but can't find it. I don't think the map was here but maybe the link.

John

Hello. Not a map but may be of help with locations. I got this from the Irish Government website.

Regiment Name: ------------------- ----Recruiting area: ------------ ------------- Depot:

The (18th) Royal Irish Regiment ------ Tipperary, Wexford Waterford, Kilkenny ------- Clonmel

The Royal Munster Fusiliers ---------------- Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Clare ------------------ Tralee

The Connaught Rangers -------------------- Galway, Sligo, Mayo, Roscommon, Leitrim ----- Renmore

The Inniskilling Fusiliers -------------------- Omagh, Fermanagh, Donegal, Derry

The Royal Irish Rifles ----------------------- Belfast, Down, Antrim, Tyrone ----------------- Belfast

The Royal Irish Fusiliers --------------------- Monaghan, Armagh, Cavan ----------------- Armagh

The Leinster Regiment -----------------------Offaly, Meath, Louth, Laois -------------------- Birr

The Royal Dublin Fusiliers ------------------- Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow, Carlow--------------- Naas

Mark,

That's the one. Cheers!!

Ulsterlad,

Thanks. Very handy to have for quick reference.

John

I believe I have the map at home you refer to .. outline of Ireland with cap badges in various locations? See what I can do.

That's a better one than mine - which is a photo copy!