Remembered Today:

Kent Regiments Mini-Forum

Neil Clark

Shall we organise a Mini Forum  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Shall we organise a Mini Forum

• YES GOOD IDEA
    • NO NOT A GOOD IDEA

There has been a suggestion that some Forum members may be interested in setting up a Mini-Forum for those with an interest in the Buffs (East Kent Regiment) and the Royal West Kent Regiment. Any member with a opinion is welcome to take part in this poll.

What is a mini-forum?

The problem with setting up a separate forum, however it is done, will mean that members of this forum will not have the chance to add to their knowledge of Buffs and RWK topics. In turn, members of a separate forum who post their Buffs/RWK questions only on the separate forum will not benefit from the vast amount of knowledge available on this forum.

The problem with setting up a separate forum, however it is done, will mean that members of this forum will not have the chance to add to their knowledge of Buffs and RWK topics. In turn, members of a separate forum who post their Buffs/RWK questions only on the separate forum will not benefit from the vast amount of knowledge available on this forum.

Hear Hear!!No to Forum Devolution! :blink:

I'm all for a dedictaed Buffs / RWK area but belive it should still be integral to the overall forum style. It may be that the best way to proceed is to keep this thread open. Is there a maximum thread size?

I still don't know what a mini-forum is. In other words, I don't know what the poll question is. If a poll question is not clear and unambiguous, the votes will not be worth counting because people will be answering to their own perceptions of the question.

If the proposal is for a separate forum in some other place, I say go for it. The poll makes sense as a way of gauging whether there is sufficient interest for the enterprise.

If the proposal is for a dedicated area or section of this forum, I would say that is a matter for Chris Baker. If he has agreed to such a proposal provided a poll indicates sufficient support, then I will vote when I understand the question.

If the matter has not been put to Chris, the poll seems tantamount to organising a party at his house and telling him about it afterwards.

Please, I am a simple fellow. Spell it out for me.