Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

All quiet on the Home Front

stu

Hi.

Has anyone read All Quiet On The Home Front by Richard Van Emden,is it any good?

Many thanks.

Stu.

Yes, I'm currently reading it (halfway now). It's very good. Sometimes, it's even moving. It's amazing how the interviewees can recollect all those events. Almost every aspect of daily life in the UK during the war is covered.

What a pity we here in Belgium couldn't (and still cannot) watch Channel 4 which broadcast the series.

The author came in to Avril's last week with a pile of these in paperback and 'persuaded' me to buy a signed copy!

Yes, I'm currently reading it (halfway now). It's very good. Sometimes, it's even moving. It's amazing how the interviewees can recollect all those events. Almost every aspect of daily life in the UK during the war is covered.

What a pity we here in Belgium couldn't (and still cannot) watch Channel 4 which broadcast the series.

Surely you can via satellite?

A friend of mind has had satellite fitted to his apartment in spain to pick up 'sky', I also know you can get this in france.

Maybe you can have this set up in Belgium also then?

Ryan

Yes, we can. But I live on a flat and I'm not allowed to install the dish. Further more, I wouldn't have time any more to pay a visit to this forum :rolleyes:

Yes, we can. But I live on a flat and I'm not allowed to install the dish. Further more, I wouldn't have time any more to pay a visit to this forum :rolleyes:

Shame :( but good answer!

Ryan

I'm also currently reading it and would concur with Patrick's view.

I am enjoying it very much indeed.

Mike