Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Where is he from ?

Conor Dodd

Can anybody tell me where this guy is from or how to find out. MARK CONNOLLY Sapper Regt. No. 198

3rd Field Coy., Australian Engineers Died Wednesday 7 July 1915 . BEACH CEMETERY, ANZACTurkey

II. D. 4.

Conor

I had a look at this chap recently as he came into my Fremantle research. The AWM NOK sheet filled out by his mother had him living in Perth, but I've also seen him mentioned as living in Fremantle.

He was also about 43 yrs old.

In case you would like to know, his two nephews who also came from Fremantle served in WW1.

123-L/Sgt Mark Francis Connolly - Died of Wounds 06/07/18 - 44th Bn AIF

Crouy-Sur-Somme Cemetery III.D.15 - Born Richmond River NSW - Baker of Fremantle Western Australia Age 21

2375 - Bombadier JP Connolly (MID) 102nd Howitzer Battery.

Cheers

Andrew

Conor

Found the embarkation roll for his unit and Connolly listed his home address as North Fremantle, Western Australia.

He is also commemmorated (along with his nephew) on the war memorial in North Fremantle.

Regards

Andrew

Andrew sorry forgot to ask you in the last one if possible could you send me a scan of his name on the memorial or a digital photo of it by E-Mail

Conor :o

No worries Conor. Will make time to do that in the next few days. Will have to be a scanned image unless I can borrow a digital from work.

Rob, despite the geographical closeness no true Fremantle person would say they were from Perth :D

Cheers

Andrew