Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

M.I.C Look up Please.

izzy

Would it be possible for any members with access to Ancestry to please check if any M.I.Cs exist for the following 2 Soldiers.

Pte William Bishop 331367 Labour Corps

Pte Arthur Bates 2130 17 Bn South Lancashire Regiment. Thanks in Appreciation.

izzy

None listed for William Bishop 331367 LCorps.

Arthur Bates has one as 2130, 2 Battalion South Lancs. First into war theatre France on 24.2.1915,so entitled to three campaign medals.

Sotonmate

Arthur Bates:- Pte 2130, 17th Battalion, Prince of Wales's Volunteers (South Lancashire Regiment)

Birth place Widnes, Lancs. Residence Warrington, Lancs. Died 22/03/1919. Enlisted Halewood, Lancs,

Thanks for all the replies these 2 soldiers are buried in the local churchyard. Although not mentioned on the War memorial i do have a passing intrest in them.

Izzy

William Bishop was in 416 Agricultural Company, with HQ at Lancaster.

From his number he joined the Labour Corp in July 1917, possibly from a regimental agricultural company.

A number of numbers close to his were men who only served in the UK so if there is no medal card it is likely he was in this category.

As a matter of interest there is an entry for him in the Shropshire Absent Voters List - sorry but I seems to have mislaid my record of this AVL

Ivor

Ivor thanks for the additional information regarding William Bishop and Shropshire. I have no further information on him apart from the burial register and the C.W.G.C information.If you do find the list can you let me know his abode.