The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

15 Kings Hussars

Paul Byrne

Does anybody have a copy of this WD or access to sections of it? I would appreciate some help particularly in relation to the activities of C Squadron during August, 1914.

Paul Byrne

Hi Paul,

I am just reading the regimental history of that unit. Would it help you to have the information from that or do you have acces to the book. I'm afraid there is not to much on C Squadron for August.

KOYLI

I think the various squadrons of the 15th H were operating as divisional cavalry this early in the war and details of what they did will be very sketchy.

Hi Paul,

15th Hussars landed at Rouen 18-8-1914 and was then split up to various divisions as divisional cavalry. C squadron became the 1st Divisions Cavalry until April 1915 when squadrons were re-united to 9th Cavalry Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division.

As Ian in the previous reply says the details are sketchy, have been trying for some time to pin down my grandfathers movements in 1914 (2nd Life Guards) for some time.

Andy

• 2 years later...

Resurrected thread - does anyone still have access to the History of the 15th Hussars as noted above?

I am looking for Cecil George De Pree and wonder if he appears in the book, or war diary for that matter.