Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Middlesex Rgt History and Northamptonshire Rgt History

love4history

I'll take you up on that.

I have a trio of medals to L/6589 Private Frederick Sansom, 4th Battalion, Middlesex Regt. Frederick was killed on 23 August 1914.

Does the history mention how and where exactly and maybe when in the day, the Battalion was hit. I realise he was not the only one, quite a few of them died that day.

Just curious if the history has a perspective on the day.

Cheers Andy.

I'll take you up on that.

I have a trio of medals to L/6589 Private Frederick Sansom, 4th Battalion, Middlesex Regt. Frederick was killed on 23 August 1914.

Does the history mention how and where exactly and maybe when in the day, the Battalion was hit. I realise he was not the only one, quite a few of them died that day.

Just curious if the history has a perspective on the day.

Cheers Andy.

Hi Andy

There's about 4 pages on 4 Middlesex on August 23rd 1914, so a tad too much info to type here. Can send you a scan of the relevant pages if you PM me a direct emailaddress?

cheers

l4h

l4h

Any info regarding the 23rd Middlesex Btn from the 8th October 1916 until the 11th OCtober 1916 would be greatly appreciated.

I know they took over the line from the 11th Royal West Kent's as one of their men pulled my injured Grandfather out of No-Mans-Land.

Anything you can add would help a great deal.

cheers Stuart

l4h

Any info regarding the 23rd Middlesex Btn from the 8th October 1916 until the 11th OCtober 1916 would be greatly appreciated.

I know they took over the line from the 11th Royal West Kent's as one of their men pulled my injured Grandfather out of No-Mans-Land.

Anything you can add would help a great deal.

cheers Stuart

Not all that much info I'm afraid: "On 8th October the Battalion moved up to Carlton Trench as reserve, and on 9th went into the front line north-east of Eaucourt l'abbaye. On relief, two days later, the 23rd Middlesex again moved back to Mametz Wood and then to Dernancourt. From the latter village the Battalion (on the 17th) marched to Edge Hill and entrained for Oisemont"

cheers

l4h