Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

2005 Russian movie showing Infantry attack

John Gilinsky

The above is a link to a brief segment from a 2005 Russian made movie about the The Fall of Empire that shows a Russian infantry attack. Well fed, rested, armed and regulation equipped soldiers attack across an open field. We do NOT see the results of their assault though in broad daylight in good weather.

John

Toronto

The above is a link to a brief segment from a 2005 Russian made movie about the The Fall of Empire that shows a Russian infantry attack. Well fed, rested, armed and regulation equipped soldiers attack across an open field. We do NOT see the results of their assault though in broad daylight in good weather.

John

Toronto

Very conspicuous officer : troops bunched in mass formation....looked like something from Gettysburg. I wonder if that's how they went in. Powerful music score. Thank you , John.

Phil

Your welcome Phil. When I see such scenes I always think of Hindenburg's famous description of how the Germans had to frequently if not typically clear away the Russian dead so that the German machine guns could have a clear field of fire.

John

Toronto

How gratifying it is, John, to see this resurgence of interest in Russia's war 1914-17 !

At long last, Russian people are turning more media attention to the Great War. This bodes well for those of us who want to find out more.

Phil