Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Private Robbie Siberry, s/n24552, Royal Irish Fusiliers

billy201

Hi there; I am researching, my great uncle, Robbie Siberry, s/n24552 8th bn Royal Irish

Fusiliers, K I A 8th July 1916. I have seen his mic card, it states, he was a menber of

the Army Cyclist Corps, his number, was 5043 . I have also seen in the book, Soldiers

who Died in the great War, Royal Irish Fusilers, that he was also in the Connaught Rangers, his number, there was 1045, what is the reason, for his been in three diffrent

Regiment,s Where would I find out about his being in the Cyclist Corps, and the Connaught Rangers. thanking you, all the very best, yours Inniskilling

His service record is hard to read but it appears ....Joined the Connaught Rangers 2/10/14 He was transferred to the Army Cyclist Corps 30/01/15 and then to the RIF on 12/05/16.

Hi there, auchonvillerssom, thank you so mutch for that, all the very best, yours Inniskilling :D

Hi there Devonmaid, thank you so mutch for that, all the very best, yours , Inniskilling :o

Hi,

It looks like he was in the 6th Battalion The Connaught Rangers. With regimental number 1045 enlisted 2 Oct 1914

Transferred to 8th Royal Irish Fusiliers 16 Nov 1914

Posted to Army Cyclist Corps 30 Jan 1915

Transferred to 8th Royal Irish Fusiliers 12 May 1916

Killed in Action 8 July 1916

Regards Mark

Hi there Mark, thnks a lot for that, all the very best, yours Inniskilling :huh:

Also -

Enlisted at Boyle Co. Roscommon on 2/10/1914 which is about 30 miles from his hometown of Manorhamilton, Co. Leitrim and was the depot of 4th Bn. Connaught Rangers.

http://www.kinghouse.ie/

His Nok was his father Robert, address C***hill Cottage, Manorhamilton, Co. Leitrim.

John

Hi there John, thanks a lot for that, all the very best, yours Inniskilling :D