Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

CWGC Cemetery Lists

Gordon Caldecott

Dear All,

Can anyone tell me how many cemeteries there are in the Rosieres Area. My reason for asking is that I`m trying to find out which cemeteries a particular gardener was responsible for. According to his B.E.M citation, he was responsible for 29 scattered cemeteries. One of which i know is Rosieres, which he looked after for years and years, however, i have been unable to discover the other 28, it is highly possible that he looked after the other Rosieres Cemetery, so that makes 27, to account for. I`ve tried the CWGC, and believe it or not they couldn`t help!!! They sugggested I try their French office, but to date, i have not recieved anything from them either. Can anyone out there help?

Gordon.

Gordon

CWGC do not record cemeteries by 'area' and therefore they cannot pull out a list for locations specified as 'around Rosieres'.

I can supply you with the accurate CWGC list for the department of the Somme. You can then locate these on a map and draw your own circle around Rosieres as you wish.

Email me off Forum if you want this list.

Have been thinking, would not the same Head Gardener, now have the same area of work as the one then?

Cracked it received a letter from the French CWGC Office, which gives me a list of 22 of the 29 Cemeteries that Frank looked. Also the current Head Gardener remembered Frank which I thought was great.