Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Must see Museums?

green_acorn

If you make it to Austria there are a couple of good ones

The war museum in Vienna houses Archduke Franz Ferdinand's car complete with bullet holes. There is also a small museum at the top of the castle in Salzburg. Not far away is Hitler's Eagles Nest at Bertchesgarden

Liam

Don't forget La Targette near Arras. Possibly the best collection of original WW1 artfacts in Northern France.

John

The café/museum in Romagne is pretty good. The café isn't always open in winter, but the guy there will always show you the museum.

For WW2, come to Luxembourg and I will take you around the military museum (the best on the Battle of the Bulge). Also the Resistance Museum and I will show you somewhere that even Hollywood thinks is too far fetched. I'm a guide for both of these.

Pals,

Could I ask a favour in your recommendations, a web link or street address would help not only myself but the many others who may be drawn to this thread in search of inspiration.

healdav,

I might just have to take you up on that as I was keen to visit Luxembourg for the "Rue st Roche" experience as well, I meant to do it in 2005 but got caught having to meet some people in the UK.

Cheers,

Hendo

Pals,

Could I ask a favour in your recommendations, a web link or street address would help not only myself but the many others who may be drawn to this thread in search of inspiration.

healdav,

I might just have to take you up on that as I was keen to visit Luxembourg for the "Rue st Roche" experience as well, I meant to do it in 2005 but got caught having to meet some people in the UK.

Cheers,

Hendo

Details of the Combined Military Services Museum at Maldon can be seen at www.cmsm.co.uk. Anyone visiting will certainly not be disappointed.

Regards.

SPN

Maldon