Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Vickers Heavy MG technical specs

goldeagle1939

Hello,

I have decided to undertake a rather daring project, and build a replica Vickers Heavy machine gun. I pretty much have it all planned out such as what materials I would use, how I would go about doing it ect, but one thing stands in my way.

I have pictures of Vickers guns, but none with dimensions or anything. So my questions is, can anyone help me by giving me the over all length, the length of the barrel jacket, the diameter of the barrel jacket, width, height, reciever length, so on and so forth? Thanks, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Mike - which country are you in?

I do have a complete set of the vickers factory drawings/prints that were sent by Vickers to Colt in WWI. They are large waxed poster type diagrams but show absolutely everything in detail and all dimensions, literally for the USA to build their own, in inches of course! If you bear with me I can take photos of specific parts - there are about 120 sheets incl accessory drawings. So please list in detail what you seek?

Mark

Hello,

I have decided to undertake a rather daring project, and build a replica Vickers Heavy machine gun. I pretty much have it all planned out such as what materials I would use, how I would go about doing it ect, but one thing stands in my way.

I have pictures of Vickers guns, but none with dimensions or anything. So my questions is, can anyone help me by giving me the over all length, the length of the barrel jacket, the diameter of the barrel jacket, width, height, reciever length, so on and so forth? Thanks, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Mark thanks. I am in the U.S. after doing a a little more research and scale drafting I have the length, width, and height. But now I am still in need of the Water jacket diameter measurement. If I thin of anything else I'll let you know. Thanks again for your help.

Mike - which country are you in?

I do have a complete set of the vickers factory drawings/prints that were sent by Vickers to Colt in WWI. They are large waxed poster type diagrams but show absolutely everything in detail and all dimensions, literally for the USA to build their own, in inches of course! If you bear with me I can take photos of specific parts - there are about 120 sheets incl accessory drawings. So please list in detail what you seek?

Mark