Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

missing records

Looking for help. I also thought the latest ancestry release would enable me to find my g/father but no such look. he was:-

Serjeant Thomas Ollerton 14185 Loyal North Lancs landed in France Sept 1915 made a POW and repatriated Sep 7th 1918 minus one arm. I have his medal card which doesnt give a lot of info. I`d really like to know when and how he became a prisoner and which POW camp was he in where he had his arm amputated as he always said the German surgeon saved his life. Fingers crossed someone can help as I`ve seen some amazing things being found out on this site. cheers Vince

vince

Can you add the battalion he served in ? In the meantime he might be in the Pension records ?

Sotonmate

Edit.No he isn't ! I also see that the 9th Battalion landed in France around the time of his arrival there (24.9.1915)

Vince I think you are suffering from what i have EOC disease. EVERY OTHER CHAP. has a service record except the one you want .I have success rate of about 30% on service/pension records not very good at all ,yet know other collectors researchers that have a 75% success rate plus hence they don't have EOC

very hit and miss on look ups good luck though

MC