Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Frank Richards

Len Trim

The other day I read a reference to Frank Richards and one of the postings mentioned that he was also known as ? I meant to come back and read it later and try and find out what it was on about, but now I can't even find the posting. It's even possible it was not on this forum. Anyone point me in the right direction?

Len

Francis Philip Woodruff DCM, MM (1883 - 1961) was born in Monmouthshire, he was orphaned at the age of nine, and was then brought up by his aunt and uncle in the Blaina area of the South Wales Valleys in industrial Monmouthshire. The uncle, his mother's twin brother, and surnamed Richards, adopted Frank who then changed his surname. During the 1890s Frank Richards worked as coal miner and joined Royal Welch Fusiliers in 1901, serving in the British Empire forces in British India under the British Raj and Burma from 1902 to 1909, after which he transferred to the reserves.

/Lars

Thanks for the replies guys. I really must learn to search this forum properly. Half the time i can't even remember where my own messages are.

Len