Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Prisoner of war camp photographs

high wood

These photographs appear in a photograph album that I purchased this morning. I have not yet identified the Northumberland Fusiliers officer in the photograph or the camp in which he was held. I would be pleased to have any information about the camp or the officer.

post-6480-1257694175.jpg

Almost certainly not Holzminden. The rear of the kasernes have returns at either end.

It is similar to Heidelberg but certainly not the same as the one picture I have.

I assume it is an officer's camp. This is the most likely but not necessarily the only option.

I assume that the backs are plain without the photographers name or any other details.

Doug

The building style is almost identical to Friedberg but again there are differences when compared to the photograph I have.

Doug

I have other photographs of Graudenz from a different source. They are all of groups of officers sitting or standing in front of brick walls which are all about head height before they become masonry. In one photograph the metal grills over a basement window are visible as in post one.

post-6480-1257802478.jpg

• 10 years later...
On 09/11/2009 at 09:47, Doug Johnson said:

The building style is almost identical to Friedberg but again there are differences when compared to the photograph I have.

Doug

Hi Doug 

This is a really old topic. Can you help.

I am trying to find more information about Friedberg POW camp.  Appearance and location? A photo would be great.  Can you pin point it on Google earth.

Paddy