Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

King's Liverpool/Brocton?

Eassierider

This is probably fairly straightforward- anyone know if any of the King's (Liverpool) battalions were at Brocton Camp on Cannock Chase at any point during the war?

ER

Doesn't look like it at first glance,so I will allow you to look at all the units of the King's for WW1,you might see a place name which ties it in,even though the names you quote aren't specified as a unit move destination. This from the LLT at top left of page:

http://www.1914-1918.net/kings.htm

Certainly it was used by a few other Regiments (Manchesters/Royal Fusiliers to name a pair).

Sotonmate

Thanks, Sotonmate- no, doesn't appear to be anything in that list to suggest they were there, although the second line and reserve battalions spent a long time in the UK before posting to France, you never know...

In that case, might any of them have been through Tidworth, on Salisbury Plain? Sorry for being apparently random, I'm particularly interested in the musketry schools at both places.

ER

I took a look in the National Archives catalogue,nothing for Tidworth School of Musketry. I though there might be a Training Diary or Record which showed the units passing through any training programme.

Sotonmate

Not to worry, thank you anyway for going to the trouble of looking. Perhaps I could have a trawl and see if any of them were nearby. Cheers.