Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Surname: Fayers

Guest g0rdy

I'm searching for information on my great-grandfather Albert Edmund Fayers (27th Bn. (Battalion) of the Canadian Infantry ( City of Winnipeg). Albert Edmund Fayers had 6 brothers and 7 sisters in England. Alberts' fathers name was Samuel.

Albert served in WWI (and also the Second Boer War)

I see a user here named "SFayers" however I cannot contact this forum member, by PM or otherwise (even though I have registered here)

So "SFayers" if you see this please contact me.

Thank you all for your time.

Gordon Stronach

10 posts to be able to PM I believe.

Hi gOrdy,

I'm afraid I don't know of a family connection with Albert Edmund Fayers unfortunately. My family comes from the Great Bricett area of Suffolk (back to at least the late 1700s), and my dad was the last generation born in the village; but that's not to say there may not be a connection further back somewhere!

Sorry I couldn't be of any help - but if you do find a link somewhere I'd be very interested to hear.

Kind regards

Steve

gordy

His attestation paper is online at:

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca

He lived at 421 William Avenue,Winnipeg. His wife lived in Dublin. He was born in Bury St Edmunds on 6 May 1883 and was 12 years in the RAMC pre-war,8 years with the colours and 4 in reserve. His service number was 50562.

Sotonmate