The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Major Cecil Pryce Harrison DSO,MC 1/1st Notts RHA

27thBN

Major Cecil Pryce Harrison DSO,MC 1/1st Notts RHA

I am trying to find a MIC card for above man I cant seem to find him I have looked for ages .I have confirmed the DSO/MC mid but no MIC on ancestry

Any ideas :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks

27thBN

I didn't find one either ! There's probably some incorrection which is preventing it being revealed.

I have found a Personal File in the National Archives Catalogue for a Major C P HARRISON, reference WO374/31358,and this might have a few facts worth knowing.

Sotonmate

no MIC on ancestry

Any ideas

I can't see a MIC on Ancestry nor on the NA site so it appears that it doesn't exist. There are a number of reasons this may be but one could be the fact that officers had to claim their medals, if he didn't claim them then there will be no MIC.

Regards

Steve

I can't see a MIC on Ancestry nor on the NA site so it appears that it doesn't exist. There are a number of reasons this may be but one could be the fact that officers had to claim their medals, if he didn't claim them then there will be no MIC.

Regards

Steve

Well thanks for the effort and quick replys both .I certainly do have this medals

DSO,MC chisel named QSA 4 bars ,15 trio with MID all correctly impressed .Its nice to know I have not lost the plot re finding items on ancestry as I looked for ages I have one other chap also an officer that i cant find either same story,couple of awards confirmed by LG but no MIC card ?? :huh::huh:

Thanks

MC

15 trio with MID

Interesting, as he doesn't appear to have a card on the NA website for a MID either. Wonder what's going on?

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting, as he doesn't appear to have a card on the NA website for a MID either. Wonder what's going on?

Steve

Yes it is rather strange I have the LG for all the awards and he is in the services of officers 1920 confirming all, so lost in ancestry and NA ?? does seem a bit hard to believe

MC

• 2 weeks later...

27thBn

I shall not summarise this guy as I have a pic or two from the file. Conveniently (for me) there is a list of significant dates now recorded on my Kodak-less squeezebox.

To win these pics PM your e-mail.

Sotonmate

• 1 month later...

Sorry a bit late but a PM coming with email details ,thanks heaps MC

27BN

Four pics arrowing their way down under on the superhighway.

Sotonmate

Excellent Thanks very much

MC

27Bn

His obituary was published in two Northern Ireland Newspapers around the time of his death on 30.7.1938, "Newtonwards Chronicle" and "The County Down Observer".

Might there be one of our NI members who can look it up for you ?

Sotonmate

• 4 years later...
Guest AHARRISON19

Hi there,

I am related to Cecil,

Do you still have his medals? It would be great to have a picture of them - I hope that you can help.

His medal roll details on ancestry are at (if you still have not found them):

http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/1686/31794_221484-00580/1662629?backurl=http%3a%2f%2fsearch.ancestry.co.uk%2fcgi-bin%2fsse.dll%3fdb%3dCampaignMedalRolls%26h%3d1662629%26ti%3d5538%26indiv%3dtry%26gss%3dpt%26ssrc%3dpt_t33899384_p18676538587_kpidz0q3d18676538587z0q26aidz0q3d240645693827z0q26pgz0q3d32771z0q26pgplz0q3dpidz0q257caid&ssrc=pt_t33899384_p18676538587_kpidz0q3d18676538587z0q26aidz0q3d240645693827z0q26pgz0q3d32771z0q26pgplz0q3dpidz0q257caid&backlabel=ReturnRecord

More details:

First Name Cecil Pryce Last Name Harrison Soldier Number Unknown Rank Lieutenant Regiment The Argyll And Sutherland Highlanders (Princess Louise's) Year 1899-1902 Literary References ADiaries of the Siege of Ladysmith903
Etonians in the Boer War 29 Notes The Queen's South Africa (QSA) Medal Clasps: Cape Colony, Orange Free State, Transvaal, South Africa 1901 Rolls Roll: 206, Page: 146 Units - Record set Anglo-Boer War records 1899-1902 Category Military, armed forces & conflict Record collection Boer Wars

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

AHARRISON19