Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Driver John Tate R.F.A & R.H.A

dannyhill86

hi all,

I am trying to trace Driver John Tate of Richmond, Yorkshire who was with the Royal Horse Artillery and Royal Field Artillery and killed on 28th March, 1918. His regimental number was 33772. I would love to find out any information about where he was or what might have happened to him....

any help would be greatly appreiated

Danny

Try the Long, Long Trail top left corner of your sreen (LLT).

Search Royal Artillery 70th Brigade 'B' Battery.

Regards

Thanks C-T, im afraid im struggling with the avigation a bit. I cant seem to find the 70th bn.... Could you help me out? I'm probbaly doing something stupid!

p.s. was he defintaley involved in actions with that unit at the time? is there a way of telling?

thanks

Danny

(LXX) 70th Brigade. Try here, http://www.1914-1918.net/15div.htm

This will give you some information. Do you have his Medal Index Card.

Try in the subforum for 'document look ups' some kind sole may post his MIC, someone may also have details of his medal roll.

If not you can search these at Kew.

Regards

C-T Many thanks again, great information. Yes i do have his medal card although I still dont know much about him. I will try the Local newspaper for information.

Just one more question.... Hid CWGC information states that his location is Fambourg D'Amiens Arras VII. C. 2. Would this mean that he has a known and marked grave rather than being commemorated on a a memorial panel? If anybody knows it would help a lot.

thanks

Danny