Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Uniform & Insignia

pammy

post-38958-1256756782.jpgHi

Is there anyone who can give me any idea as to the Regiment - picture not all that good I'm afraid.

This relative was born in Exeter Devon if that is any help

Thank you

Looks like Kings Royal Rifle Corps with red felt backing behind the badge, with black buttons is certainly a rifle regiment.

I'm no expert but I would start with the Kings Royal Rifle Corps just to get going. The trouble is that there were so many badges that were very similar and that's where I get lost.

Hopefully one of the KRRC experts will soon be along to be more helpful.

Bitsa.

Could it be he?

King's Royal Rifle Corps 15921 Private

Labour Corps 53353 Private

Rifle Brigade 55805 Private

Date 1914-1920 Catalogue reference WO 372/11

Went in and out and back to the Greenjackets, it seems.

I was fairly sure he was KRRC from the badge, the backing and the buttons.

A digression: what is it about soldiers in uniform with a fag on that grates these days? Or is it me being, well, me?

[The sure way for a Big Issue seller to be rejected by me is to have a fag on ..... and the best way to be patronised [in the nice meaning of buying his/her Issue] is to have a nice dog on a rug and a clear rapport between seller and dog].

A digression, as I warned.

It that case his medal record has not survived (on Ancestry for certain) as the only KRRC surname to match (the one mentioned above with the 3 units) is for an Edwin.

It that case his medal record has not survived (on Ancestry for certain) as the only KRRC surname to match (the one mentioned above with the 3 units) is for an Edwin.

Thank you for your help

Pam

I can find no birth record of an Edward Keeping being born in Exter between 1870 and 1900. Are you sure of the place. There is an Edward Keeping born in 1897 in Barnstaple in Devon. The only other Edward in devon is born in 1866 and too old to be you man.

I can find no birth record of an Edward Keeping being born in Exter between 1870 and 1900. Are you sure of the place. There is an Edward Keeping born in 1897 in Barnstaple in Devon. The only other Edward in devon is born in 1866 and too old to be you man.

OOpps!! Yes Barnstaple Devon 1897

Thank you