Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

help with a couple of MIC's

james_harvey

All just down loaded a couple of MIC's

Need some help with the data as i usually research navy.

1st one 2889 Walter Worboys, 17th field co RE went to france 18.8.14 but no mention of a clasp, i find it to believe he was there form the start but did not qualify for the clasp.

2nd one 396859 Arhtur Sant SSC co Re, went to france 3.11.14, no mention of a clasp but sold with an original mons clasp, after qhalifying date written in red BE/RE/191 or DE/RE/191 hard to make out if B or D, what does this mean? also what co was SSC?

last one 1215 RA, 955260 RFA, 78752 RFC, 401619 RAF Charles Drake, his TFWM medal is stamped 1215 RA and it is noted on his MIC as such, but under the medal columns the form is stamped in ink T.F.WAR.RFC.TFM under page 3.

does this mean the TFWM should have been named to the RFC? or am i looking at the wrong thing? would he have been entitled to the TFM?

any help greatly appreciated

Regards

James

last one 1215 RA, 955260 RFA, 78752 RFC, 401619 RAF Charles Drake, his TFWM medal is stamped 1215 RA and it is noted on his MIC as such, but under the medal columns the form is stamped in ink T.F.WAR.RFC.TFM under page 3.

does this mean the TFWM should have been named to the RFC? or am i looking at the wrong thing? would he have been entitled to the TFM?

It means that the paperwork for the TFWM was done by the RFC or RAF, but he qualified for it in the artillery. If he qualified for one, he might have been awarded the TFM, you might want to try the medals sub forum on that one.

To qualify for the clasp one had to come under enemy fire between 5th August - 22nd November 1914,

And you had to claim it! Sometimes the medal rolls note the clasp when the card doesn't.

BE/RE/191 or DE/RE/191 looks like it could be a medal roll reference.