Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cepy Farm near Fayet

milky

Hi all,

My grandfather was involved in the fighting at Cepy Farm, Fayet with the 1st Dorsets on 13th-15th April 1917 but I can find no such farm in the area on current maps. Was this farm demolished when the motorway to St Quentin was built? If anyone has info. or can recommend maps a source for of the time (if there are any) I would be most grateful.

Cheers

Milky

Hi all,

My grandfather was involved in the fighting at Cepy Farm, Fayet with the 1st Dorsets on 13th-15th April 1917 but I can find no such farm in the area on current maps. Was this farm demolished when the motorway to St Quentin was built? If anyone has info. or can recommend maps a source for of the time (if there are any) I would be most grateful.

Cheers

Milky

If you have Google Earth and find the N44 heading roughly north out of St Quentin, there is a road off to the left, running westerly, named Chemin de Cepy. This road meets another north-south road at a T junction and it's about this point that the 1st Dorset history shows the site of Cepy Farm

Regards

Martin

If you have Google Earth and find the N44 heading roughly north out of St Quentin, there is a road off to the left, running westerly, named Chemin de Cepy. This road meets another north-south road at a T junction and it's about this point that the 1st Dorset history shows the site of Cepy Farm

Regards

Martin

Thanks Martin,

It looks as if the farm no longer exists, pity.

Regards,

Keith

Cepy Farm Map Sheet 62BSW3 Map Sheet Name St. Quentin Location Lat. 49º 51.838'N Long. 3º 16.144'E Map Square S6

John

Cepy Farm Map Sheet 62BSW3 Map Sheet Name St. Quentin Location Lat. 49º 51.838'N Long. 3º 16.144'E Map Square S6

John

Thanks John for that info - very precise!

Cheers

Milky