Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Arlington cemetery, Washington DC

iain mchenry

The wife and I have a week in Washington DC coming up soon. Our hotel is on the edge of Arlington cemtery. Apart from the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the Commonwealth Cross of Sacrifice to the memory of US citizens fighting with British/Canadian forces could someone list some well known WW1 AEF characters who are buried in Arlington, that we could visit. Many thanks.

Regards

Iain

Iain

Make sure you also visit Washington's WW1 memorial on the Mall. It's not far from the Vietnam memorial. Was a highlight of my trip to visit the Mall in the company of my very good Forum friend, Bottsgreys (Chris Jordan).

John

Iain .. Not only is there the DC WWI memorial, but there is another memorial to Pershing on Pennsylvania Ave. In Arlington itself there is a Canadian cross, and Black Jack himself. If you make it out to the Dulles Air & Space museum there are a few WWI era planes. If you are up for a a good burger there is also a great pub style restaurant right in Goergetown with WWI era posters from all sides.

I'll think of more suggestions, but feel free to contact me directly if you want more general DC tourist insight.

Andy