Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

2/Lt TCS MacGregor and 2/Lt VAG Bush RFC

Ravrick

Hi, these two 2/Lt's Thomas Charles Stewart MacGregor and Victor George Anderson Bush were both casualties during WW1, is anybody able to give me more information on there demise? I believe MacGregor was KIA with 53 Sqn on 8 June 1917 and Bush was killed in an accident on 8th Feb 1918? Any info appreicated,

Cheers,

Rick

Rick

2Lt T C S MacGregor of No 53 Sqn RFC was the pilot of RE 8 A3634, with 2Lt Raymond Wilberforce Spooner, formerly 5th Bn, London Regt and Royal Field Artillery) as observer, when both airmen were killed in action on 8 June 1917. They were on a Contact Patrol mission from Bailleul (Town Ground) aerodrome when the RE 8 sustained a direct hit by anti-aircraft fire at 05:45.

Capt V G A Bush, of No 1 School of Air Fighting at Ayr was killed while flying Sopwith Camel B5565 on 8 February 1918. The aeroplane broke up in the air.

I hope that this helps you.

Gareth

Hi, very many thanks, I have a period photo dated 1915 of the officers of 12th Bn HLI, most were KIA or wounded on the 25th Sep 1915, except for the two mentioned and one other - 2/Lt/Captain William Ewart Gladstone Murray RFC/RAF, do you know if he is mentioned anywhere?

Thanks once again,

Rick

Army Service records: WO 339/1656 MacGREGOR T C S, 2/Lieut

WO 339/18000 BUSH V G A, Capt

WO 339/1105 MURRAY W E G, Capt and AIR 76/366 for RAF