Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

This is DISGUSTING

Seadog

I guess he was lucky it wasn't one of the memorials topped by a statue of Tommy holding his fixed bayonet aloft ...

:doh::doh::doh: Owwwwwww!

Adrian

(I'm going to go find my original file - I can't believe I missed that... especially with my resident pedant!)

Cambridge Evening News

Maybe if someone had urinated on this one, it would have put the fire out. But, yes, there are some proper g*ts out there.

It can't be real news, its not the Daily Mail, or their photographer. :o

One could interpret some parts of this as indicating that the publicity surrounding the Sheffield episode might have eroded the personal restraint which means that people generally don't deface remembrance artefacts. It would be interesting to see whether there's been an increase in vandalism since the Mail piece.

But really - hanging???

Gwyn

But really - hanging???

Quite - the punishment should be tempered by the severity of the crime.

Burn them!

;)

Quite - the punishment should be tempered by the severity of the crime.

Burn them!

;)

Are you thinking of the hobo they found dead in the New York subway a few years ago. He stood on the running rail and peed on the live third rail! :o

Bamboo splinters, then the rack and then hang them after excommunicating them to make sure they burn in hell for all eternity. And as for those who spit their chewing gum on the pavement! I'm still working on their punishment. I may have to hire extra help to deal with pavement cyclists. 

Bamboo splinters, then the rack and then hang them after excommunicating them to make sure they burn in hell for all eternity. And as for those who spit their chewing gum on the pavement! I'm still working on their punishment. I may have to hire extra help to deal with pavement cyclists.

What chance is there of ever eradicating antisocial behaviour while people continue to advocate wishy-washy liberal sanctions like these ...?

Ok. They could disembowel themselves on the steps of the British Legion first.

I hope no one suggests fetching ... the comfy chair! Youman rites an all that...

Next it will be.....the soft cushions!!!

:lol:

Bruce

Boys are encouraged to pee anywhere and everywhere from the time they are just out of the pram. Pants down and pee in the gutter from the age of two, rather than parents find a toilet as they do with girls; then behind the bike sheds, behind trees, in the park, in alleyways and shop doorways, 'who can pee farthest' competitions; jump-out-of-car and do a dash anywhere convenient; and now, apparently, pee in a bag or bottle if you're a lorry driver and chuck it on the hard shoulder. No wonder anything is fair game - and I don't think it's going to change in the short term ... long term ... ever ... :ph34r:

Sue

Boys are encouraged to pee anywhere and everywhere from the time they are just out of the pram. Pants down and pee in the gutter from the age of two, rather than parents find a toilet as they do with girls; then behind the bike sheds, behind trees, in the park, in alleyways and shop doorways, 'who can pee farthest' competitions; jump-out-of-car and do a dash anywhere convenient; and now, apparently, pee in a bag or bottle if you're a lorry driver and chuck it on the hard shoulder. No wonder anything is fair game - and I don't think it's going to change in the short term ... long term ... ever ... :ph34r:

Sue

I was stuck for 90 minutes on the M40 last night...absolute standstill engines off, lights off, and Jo Bloody Caufield the only thing on the radio, yes several people nipped out to have a pee along the hard shoulder (men and women) so who can blame a lorry driver for having a bag or bottle handy when this bloody country can't deal with traffic problems and odds are they will be held up in a jam miles bewteen service stations. How many of you have dogs that pee everywhere? How many of you have cats that pee everywhere, what about the cattle in the fields...they just go where they want to go...and anyway didn't the good lord say "blessed are the pee makers for they shall...." Oh hang on may have got that wrong sea...

Not only are you lot sharp, and quick, but that's my article! I just hope the spacing errors I can see in it are a result of justification, and not mine... In fact they must be, I remember spell chequeing it!

Funny, didn't even spot your name at the bottom... :ph34r:

Most of his cheques are like that. B)

and Jo Bloody Caufield the only thing on the radio,

Mate - that excuses any action.

Off-topic, I know, but her programme is called something like Jo Caufield won't shut up

Give her 5 minutes with me and she bl**dy well would.

Most of his cheques are like that. B)

Where's the raspberry smiley when you need it most?

Adrian

Boys are encouraged to pee anywhere and everywhere ...

Sue, when it comes to living in glass houses and throwing stones, they say women can hold a f**t all day but they can't keep a secret for longer than an hour. :o

Sue

Jealousy does not become you, Sue!