Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

London Gazette entry

Hett65

I have tried without success to find the London Gazette entry for the award of the Military Medal to Private/Corporal 50283 Samuel Bott of the RAMC.

He was awarded the MM for conspicuous gallantry on the 21st and 22nd May 1916 for tending and bringing in a wounded officer from the line to a dressing station, a distance of 6 miles, under heavy shell fire when the Germans broke through and took 1500 yards of trenches. Although suffering from the effects of gas, he went the next day with his men in the retaking of the trenches and continued in his duty in bringing in the wounded.

Can any member assist me with the London Gazette entry.

Thanks

John

Welshdoc

Thanks for finding the LG entry for A/Cpl Bott, I had tried all ways, name only, name and number, and number by itself without success. It's good to know there is help out there when needed.

Regards

John

Welshdoc

I started out looking for 5 entries for MM holders and found three, you kindly found the one for Bott, could I trouble you to try and find the LG entry for Private 45992 David Kelsey RAMC, as again I cannot find this man.

Thanks

John

And don't forget the . (dot)

It's important.

Steve.

Steve & Gareth

Thanks to both for finding the men awarded the MM's, and the advice given for future checks.

John