Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

A.SJT 2483 F Turner RAMC

Richard Matlock

Hello all

Picked up a pair and a specials long service medal to the above the specials medal is a new thing to me it appears later as it George the 6 , so i wonder if he again served in the second ? any idea how i could find out ?

As usual i would love his MIC and wonder if ancestry have got to the Ts yet or is it yet another one on my Kew list.

Thanks all again Rich M :huh::poppy::ph34r:

Rich

Attached is his MIC. There's nothing obvious in the 'Pension' records and we're still waiting on the 'Service' records to get to T. Add it to your Kew list ;) .

Steve

post-1432-1254730555.jpg

Thanks for this is there any way of tracing the specials long service medal and to see if he did serve in the second war, never had one like this to try and reasearch ?

Thanks again Rich M :huh::poppy::ph34r:

• 1 month later...

Hello all

I have checked kew and there are no further records for this chap.

I wonder if anyone can work out where he lived if so i could try the local constabulary for any specials service records, i know some people out there are very clever with these things so please do your best

Thanks again Rich M :blink::poppy::ph34r:

Last beg then i give up , any chance of trying to find where he lived in the census as stated i have a special constabulary long service medal and if i can find out where he lived i can contact the constabulary who may have some details on him , pretty pretty please

Thansk again rich M :blink::poppy::ph34r:

Sadly it is too common a name, and being a corps you can't easily get an idea of locality. From his fairly low number I suspect that he was a Territorial, but he doesn't have a post-1917 number, which would allow us to get a fairly good fix on him.

If you got someone to check the actual medal roll it might provide his unit, which if a Territorial unit would narrow things significantly.