Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

uniform research

Guest imsandeman

Welcome to the Forum.

Definately a Scottish unit, but the capbdge is unidentifiable I'm afraid. Where was he from which may help us narrow it down between Highland and Lowland units.

Hello,

I'd agree it certainly appears to be a Scottish unit, unfortunately we cannot get a clear view of his cap badge. However, I believe that the badge on his left arm may be that of Warrant Officer Class 2, which is depicted by a crown surrounded by a laurel wreath.

Regards,

Dale

Welcome to the Forum.

Definately a Scottish unit, but the capbdge is unidentifiable I'm afraid. Where was he from which may help us narrow it down between Highland and Lowland units.

I'd say it isn't a Highland unit due to the lack of kilt, also Highland Light Infantry although they wore trews, they had a chequered band on there Glengarry as did the KOSB, Royal Scots and Royal Scots Fusiliers.

The Cameronians wore a plain Glengarry, that could be a possibility? below is a photo of a WW1 Cam

I'm not sure about London/Liverpool etc Scottish though, maybe them?

post-34049-1254560698.jpeg

I believe that the badge on his left arm may be that of Warrant Officer Class 2, which is depicted by a crown surrounded by a laurel wreath.

Regards,

Dale

I tend to agree with you Dale, possible Quartermaster Sergeant, definately not CSM, I had speculated Machine or Lewis Gunner but the Laurel wreath on them is shorter at the sides.

Well that's better pic - I'm inclining to Liverpool Scottish now - and the badge on the sleeve is the 'LG' in a wreath of the Lewis Gunner.

The lady is Women's Army Auxiliary Corps (WAAC)