Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Unknown's on Ancestry

susanhemmings

I posted this in "Soldiers" but maybe ought to have posted it here. I hope I will be forgiven for posting it in two different places, but I could not see a way of moving the post once I had submitted it.. Perhaps the moderators will move it to the best place for me (thanks in advance)

A few days ago I finished trawling through the "Unknown" papers on Ancestry "Service" records. There are 161 pages, most illegible, but some have regiment numbers, no names, some have names with no numbers etc etc.

Attached is what I found: (7 page word document):

(This is just an index to each page and a small description of what the paged document is or says. I have tried to give as much info as I can without actually downloading and posting each image, but I would be happy to help any pal who wanted a copy of any of the pages)

I have listed at the begining of the attachment the names that occur throughout the 161 pages (images):

Here goes:

LIST_OF_DOCUMENTS_IN_UNKNOWN__SERVICE_RECORDS_SECTION_.doc

I hope it may be of interest to someone...

Susan

Very nice work, Susan. Thanks for that!

I posted this in "Soldiers" but maybe ought to have posted it here. I hope I will be forgiven for posting it in two different places, but I could not see a way of moving the post once I had submitted it.. Perhaps the moderators will move it to the best place for me (thanks in advance)

A few days ago I finished trawling through the "Unknown" papers on Ancestry "Service" records. There are 161 pages, most illegible, but some have regiment numbers, no names, some have names with no numbers etc etc.

Attached is what I found: (7 page word document):

(This is just an index to each page and a small description of what the paged document is or says. I have tried to give as much info as I can without actually downloading and posting each image, but I would be happy to help any pal who wanted a copy of any of the pages)

I have listed at the begining of the attachment the names that occur throughout the 161 pages (images):

Here goes:

LIST_OF_DOCUMENTS_IN_UNKNOWN__SERVICE_RECORDS_SECTION_.doc

I hope it may be of interest to someone...

Susan

Susan

I haven't done this before but if you hit the Report button(bottom left of each post)you should be able to draw attention of the Mods to your request for the transfer?

Hywyn

Thanks Hywyn - did not even see that button. I'll give it a go.

Susan.

oops - looks as though that is for reporting "objectionable" posts, so better leave it but thanks anyway Hywyn.