Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Queens West Kents TF 1/5th?

battiscombe

I have recently acquired a picture of a West Kents officer group apparentyl territorials - I suspect they may be 5th Bn (later 1st/5th) in 1914 .... can any experts confirm this might be Lt Col Frazer?

thanks

david

post-7621-1254383603.jpg

I have recently acquired a picture of a West Kents officer group apparentyl territorials - I suspect they may be 5th Bn (later 1st/5th) in 1914 .... can any experts confirm this might be Lt Col Frazer?

thanks

david

Well he appears to be wearing a Mediterranean medal ribbon (same as QSA), which would indicate a Territorial. I am not sure if it is Frazer - I thought he would be older in 1914, but I will check at home this evening to see if I have a photo that can corroborate either way.

Regards,

Jonathan S

I was wondering about the medal - which I thought might be a 1902 coronation medal (??) - red centre, wide blue bands and narrow white outer bands .. a couple of other older officers have what appears to be QSM medal ribbons and I think another of this type..

thanks anyway

I had seen the other (postwar?) imgae of Frazer in the other post.. and was unsure if it was the same man ..

david

Well he appears to be wearing a Mediterranean medal ribbon (same as QSA), which would indicate a Territorial. I am not sure if it is Frazer - I thought he would be older in 1914, but I will check at home this evening to see if I have a photo that can corroborate either way.

Regards,

Jonathan S