Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Soissons memorial, Aisne, France

Barrett

I hope I'm on the correct thread. It's been some time since I posted. I'm looking for photographs of the Durham Light Infantry panels on the Soissons memorial in Aisne, France. In particular, I'd very much like to have picture of Lance corporal Lawrence Fossey's name, Durham Light Infantry. He is relative of mine and apparently was killed in action on July 21, 1918 with the 9th battalion. Many thanks, Travis

I hope I'm on the correct thread. It's been some time since I posted. I'm looking for photographs of the Durham Light Infantry panels on the Soissons memorial in Aisne, France. In particular, I'd very much like to have picture of Lance corporal Lawrence Fossey's name, Durham Light Infantry. He is relative of mine and apparently was killed in action on July 21, 1918 with the 9th battalion. Many thanks, Travis

I have photos of those panels. Send me an email and I will send them in the reply.

I have photos of those panels. Send me an email and I will send them in the reply.

Hi I wonder if you could help me as well,I am doing some reaserch into my Great Great Uncle who was killed in the second battle of the Marne,His name is on the Soissons memorial and i was wondering if you had a picture of his name.

His details are Private John Henry BENNETT ,241275,KOYLI died 20/07/1918

BENNETT , JOHN HENRY Private24127520/07/1918 31King's Own Yorkshire Light InfantryUnited Kingdom SOISSONS MEMORIAL

Thanks

Delboy66

Hi I wonder if you could help me as well,I am doing some reaserch into my Great Great Uncle who was killed in the second battle of the Marne,His name is on the Soissons memorial and i was wondering if you had a picture of his name.

His details are Private John Henry BENNETT ,241275,KOYLI died 20/07/1918

BENNETT , JOHN HENRY Private24127520/07/1918 31King's Own Yorkshire Light InfantryUnited Kingdom SOISSONS MEMORIAL

Thanks

Delboy66

I have that one also. Send me an email and I send it in the reply.

Cheers

I have that one also. Send me an email and I send it in the reply.

Cheers

Very big thanks to Gary for the picture ,You've made my dads day :D:D

Delboy66

Sorry for the delay. Was out of town but thank you for your responses. Here's the email: kimmay@gvtc.com

Images sent.

Images sent.

Hi Gary

Sorry for jumping on the bandwagon re photo's of Soissons Memorial, but you couldn,t by any chance have one of the pnel for the 1st Battalion Sherwood Foresters as I had a Gt Uncle who served with them at Aisne and was killed on 27 May 1918. His name is Private William Henry Thompson

Regards

John

Hi Gary, do you have photos for

George Horace Freer 37297 1st Bn Wiltshire Regiment and 2nd Lt Cyril Elmore Pells 2nd Bn Devonshire Regiment?

If you have them in your archive I would be really grateful for a copy.

Roger

• 1 year later...
Guest sophiebryan

Hi.

Wondering if you can help me i have been searching for some images of a relatives name which is somewhere on the memorial but cannot get to France to see it.

His name is Private John T Lloyd 202504.

He was also in the Durham Light Infantry 1st/5th

Died 27th may 1918 age 21.

Please let me know if you can help

Thankyou

Hi.

Wondering if you can help me i have been searching for some images of a relatives name which is somewhere on the memorial but cannot get to France to see it.

His name is Private John T Lloyd 202504.

He was also in the Durham Light Infantry 1st/5th

Died 27th may 1918 age 21.

Please let me know if you can help

Thankyou

Hi Sophie,

Welcome to the forum. I understand you are eager for assistance, but crossposting the same request eight times in various subforums is not helpful.

Good luck,

-Daniel