Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Le Touqet Railway Crossing Cemetery

peteg

Having just visited the Le Touquet Railway Crossing Cemetery, I can't help but comment on what a delightful little place it is.

I was looking in particular for 1915 Kings Own graves, along with Lancs Fusiliers as both were in the area in 1915.

Having lost myself in the moment, I forgot to count the number of "Unknowns" buried there and I wonder if anyone can help me out with that ?

Pete

CWGC

The cemetery was used from October 1914 to June 1918. Rows A to E contain the graves of 28 men of the 1st Rifle Brigade killed in October and November 1914, during fierce German attacks on the 11th Infantry Brigade. There are now 74 First World War casualties buried or commemorated in this cemetery. 24 of the graves are unidentified but special memorials commemorate three casualties known to be buried among them. The cemetery was designed by G H Goldsmith.

Thanks a lot.

Just the information I needed.

Pete

Thanks Vista

They are two different places then, you could`nt do the same for Le Touret Military Cemetery could you?

Thanks

Ray

Such information is available for each cemetery on the CWGC website.

Log onto the site and then to search.

When you get the search screen, go to the top box (usually set as casualty) and you can hit the arrow to the right, and change to cemetery.

You will then get to a screen in which you simply type the name of the cemetery you want, click on it, and it will give you directions, a brief history of the cemetery, how many are buried there, etc.

You will find that at le Touret, for instance, that it originally housed 264 Portuguese burials.

Happy searching!

Bruce