Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Denham Camp

Glengarry

I've recently discovered that there was a hutted camp in Denham, Bucks. It was sited in what is now known as Higher Denham, by the GWR/GC Joint Railway (now the Chiltern Line.)

I have found references to a "Denham Camp" No 1 Cadet School RFC. This I believe to be a separate location sited on or next to what is now Denham Aerodrome about 1 mile away.

I believe that at some stage the Denham 'Army' Camp may have housed the 16th (Service) Battalion (Church Lads Brigade), King's Royal Rifles who may have been raised there.

The site was sold off and developed shortly after WW1 and housing was built on the site. Apparently, the present configuration of the roads (Upper, Middle and Lower Roads) on the housing estate follow the road layout of the camp and retain the original road names.

Does anyone know anything of the history of this camp and the units which were based there?

• 7 years later...

Have just seen your post. If you go to the site "Britain from above"  and search Denham you will find ariel photos of Martin Bakers 1953 which shows some of the old army huts.