The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Col Brian John Micheal Luck (late RA)

bcerha

I am trying to get more information on the above named officer. so far from the 1935 edition of Kelly's Handbook of the Titled, landed and Official Classes I have the following:

Luck, - Colonel Brian John Micheal

(CMG 1919, DSO 1917)

Son of Frederick Luck of

Dame House,

Hartlip

Kent

b. 1874 m. 1901 Mary Ann d. of J R Haig DL JP.

Luck Served Great War 1914-1919

Lt Col RA 1917

Col 1921

Inter Allied Command Germany 1921 - 23

Col RA Eastern Command 1924

CRA Gibraltar 1925

Retired 1926

United Services Club.

Lived at : The Hermitage, West Malling, Kent

Brother of Brigadier General Cyril Montagu Luck (Late RE)

Would be most grateful for any other details, especially school, University, pre-war and war service.

Many thanks in advance

Regards

David

David

Can't refer you to his Kew service file,where the info you need often lays,because he served after 1921,so not yet in the public domain.

Sotonmate

David

Can't refer you to his Kew service file,where the info you need often lays,because he served after 1921,so not yet in the public domain.

Sotonmate

Thanks very much for that. Have done a bit of a search in another media and found that Hermitage Farm in West Malling now sits at the top of Luck's Hill so must have had an impact in his local community. I think the Hermitage itself is now a school.

Thanks again

David

• 5 months later...

David,

I'm currently researching the careers of Col. B. J. M. Luck and his brothers - as you probably know, they were a pretty distinguished bunch. My interest in the Lucks/Lockes stems from the fact that several of them went to the same school as myself, and because my house stands on the site of their former residence in Hartlip, Kent. I've found most, if not all, of the references to the Lucks/Lockes in the London Gazette, but I'd be keen to hear if you've found any other information on them.

Best wishes,

Marc