Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Reenactor Equipment advice please

Soren

Hello

I'm looking for some studio props, I wondered who your suppliers are? I've seen replicators.com but thought I'd seek advice before taking the plunge!

I'm after

1) a set of British Webbing ( replicators costs around 240 euro which I did not think too bad ).

2) a Tommy tunic.

3) Tommy / Scots soft hats.

3) a German Tunic.

Many thanks in advance

Hi Soren.

Try contacting Eric Remy. He is the Last Post Association piper. He was our Ypres Branch RBL musical Coordinator for the Major Bridges Ceremony which was such a success last month. Two of the band were kitted out in just the sort of items you list for the Ceremony to emulate Major Bridges and his bugler. Have a chat with him and I'm sure he will guide you to the chap who supplied them!

Best of luck.

Chris.

Wouldn't touch replicaters with a barge pole, awful stuff.

Webbing, presuming you mean 08, probably the best stuff is Schipperfabrik (as it's one of only two? companies making the pouches to fill 15 rounds, instead of using WW2 pouches that fit ten), plus it's actually a lot cheaper than Replicaters

http://www.schipperfabrik.com/

Tunic, Pegasus Militaria without a doubt www.pegasusmilitaria.com - best to ring him though

Brit soft caps, again Pegasus, as for Scots hats no idea. I don't collect German kit but apparently Schipper is again really good

Definitely Schipper. I know the guys that own the company and they have a passion for this stuff. I have a bought a number of items from them and have never been disappointed. I would also recomend What Price Glory. Here's a link to the Great War Assoc. website that has a number of dealers GWA.

Jon

Definitely Schipper. I know the guys that own the company and they have a passion for this stuff. I have a bought a number of items from them and have never been disappointed. I would also recomend What Price Glory. Here's a link to the Great War Assoc. website that has a number of dealers GWA.

Jon

Hi

I agree with recommending Schipper - Excellent quality webbing - pouches take three .303 clips and the weave is great - Great service as well.