Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Henry Rawlinson R.G.A Medals

izzy

Gunner Henry Rawlinson's Medals were sold as part of a job lot in auction in April 2006. They were sold as part of lott 1033 in a Dix Noonan Webb sale doe's anyone know were they surfaced.

Gunner Henry Rawlinson's Medals were sold as part of a job lot in auction in April 2006. They were sold as part of lott 1033 in a Dix Noonan Webb sale doe's anyone know were they surfaced.

Hi, quite often if the price is right these combined lots will be bought by a medal dealer/collector who will re-offer them as individual lots. This happened recently with a lot in DNWs last auction where part of a lot was of interest to me. That part was then offered by Chelsea Medals who split the lot up and I bought last sunday the pair to The MGC that I wanted. It may therefore pay to contact DNW and ask if they would be prepared to forward a letter on to the winning bidder in 2006. Obviously as I say they could well have been sold again but it is a start...

John

John thanks for your reply. Im researching Henry Rawlinson as he is on the memorial that im researching. I was told about the medals by someone who is researching another memorial that he is named on. It would be nice to have the medals but i think the other researcher has first claim.It's just one of the questions that i needed to ask mainly out of curiosity.